India’s latest telecom operator Jio is now offering JioFi Router allows users to get access to 4G internet on tech gadgets. The Jiofi is completely wireless modem and you can be carried the device in a pocket and can be used anytime for internet access. And what’s more exciting is it can also be quickly chargeable WiFi router and easily connected to 2G/ 3G Smartphones too. It is paired with Jio 4G Sim to enjoy true speed of 4G internet on multiple devices at a time.
The Jio Wi-Fi modem recommended to users to connect up to 10 devices (wi-fi). JioFi allows to connect up to 32 devices at a time.
Any USB port can be used to power up the device like USB port of TV/ Set-top Box/ car charger. Jio Fi is a handy chargeable and device easy to carry, which can be paired with your Jio 4G SIM.
Relaince JioFi has more Features:
- Excellent 4G speed: Download speed up to 150 Mbps & Upload speed up to 50 Mbps.
- Make Video and HD voice calls with 4G speed: With the help of Jio4GVoice app. users can Setup (5+1) Audio and (3+1) Video conference calls through smart devices.
- It offers 4G Data and HD Voice calling features on 2G/3G Smartphones
- JioFi allows to connect up to 32 devices, but it is recommended to connect around 10 WiFi-enabled devices. You can connect 2G/3G smartphones, Laptop, 4G Smartphone, Tablet, Smart TV etc.
- By using Jio 4G SIM in your JioFi router, access high-speed 4G internet and there is one more interesting feature is, download “Jio4GVoice app” on your 2G/3G smartphones to make HD voice calls.
- JioFi has a built-in powerful battery of 2600mAh, which provides around 7-8 hours of usage time. And in new JioFi M2S Model battery 2300mAh supports 5-6 hours of usage time.
- Eligibility for “Jio Dhan Dhana Dhan” Offer.
What is JioFi WiFi Router: JioFi Router is nothing but WiFi enabled 4G Internet sharing device which needs an external 4G modem to work with 4G network. At present two ongoing models on market and their prices are below the article. Following detail explain you Jio wifi price & Model Number.
- Reliance JioFi Price: Model number JMR540 – Rs 1,999
- Reliance JioFi Price: Model number M2S – Rs 999
Here I am going explain in the below article about the First device.
|Network Protocols||10 (wi-fi) + 1 USB tethering|
|Standard Compliance||WAN LTE (2300/1800/850MHz)
WLAN IEEE 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
|Power Supply||AC 100~240V; DC: 5V & 1A|
|External Interface||Micro – USB port
Mini – Nano SIM card interface
Micro – SD card interface
|Package Contents||1 JioFi WiFi Device
|Warranty||1-year Manufacture Warranty|
What Documents required to get a Jio SIM?
When you purchased JioFi WiFi device, you will also get free Jio sim card with the Preview offer.
To activate Jio SIM in a faster way and paperless processing, you may opt for Jio eKYC SIM activation process which will be done using your Aadhar Card (UIID). If you do not have a Aadhar, visit your nearest Jio store / nearest Jio Retailer with original and a copy of valid ID or Proof of Address (POA) documents and a passport size photograph.
The Rs 99 Jio Prime membership cost is included in the Rs 1999 price of the JioFi device. However, to avail JioFi benefits you have to do a mandatory recharge is the additional cost which the user will have to pay in order to avail the services.
How to activate Jio SIM in JioFi
If you take your Jio SIM through E-KYC activation process. E-KYC option is only available if you possess Aadhaar Card with postal address of the same state/UT from where you are buying the Jio SIM.
If you have an outstation ID/Address proof then the process will take 24-48 hours.
Once the eKYC activation process is done at their end, then users will get a confirmation message with your new Jio number on your registered mobile number which will ask you to tele-verify details.
Now follow these instructions as below:
- Call on Jio toll-free number 1800-890-1977 from any other mobile number that you have.
- In the voice call they will be asked to key-in your Reliance Jio number, which can be found in the confirmation message that you have received on your registered number.
- Next step you need enter the last 4 digits of your ID proof.
- That’s it, you have just successfully activated the 4G data services on your Jio SIM.
Now you can enjoy the data and make HD calls via JioFi. Just find the default network SSID (Wi-Fi network name) and password printed on JioFi paper box.
- Download Jio4GVoice app https://play.google.com/store/ap from the Google PlayStore then call 1977 from the APP to activate calling facility (iOS devices are not yet supported).
New JioFi Tariff plans
JioFi Plans: Reliance Jio has rolled out new tariff plans for its users who purchase JioFi device along with Jio SIM card. There is no different tariff plan available for JioFi yet. You have to recharge your Jio SIM Card with the Jio Prepaid or Postpaid plans.
Reliance Jio’s New Festive offer: JioFi at Just Rs 999
Reliance Jio’s festive offer: JioFi Rs 999; which started on September 20, was supposed to have ended on September 30, but the company has extended it.
This move is to encourage new customers to try out JioFi and in turn increase Jio’s reach in the market. A new JioFi router festive offer will set you back by Rs 999, so the festive celebration continues! Benefits offered by the company are really surprising. Reliance Jio’s official handle @reliancejio said on Twitter. Jio has also been sending messages to mobile phone users.